Thursday 11 August 2016

To Whom It May Concern

I never thought I'd met you
You used to be a dream - a permanent presence in my sleep
I used to imagine and wish that I'd meet someone like you - in person
Interestingly enough, under a bridge - you fishing, me writing a poem
I'd imagine that we'd started talking first about your fishing hobby
Then about your political stands and yellow boots
In my dreams, I enjoyed listening to your stories
And about that big fish you caught the day before we met
In my dreams, you're 10 years older than me and divorced
You'd have this FM radio hooked to your belt, you'd be listening to old songs
Your favorite rock band is the Scorpions
Our favorite song is "You and I"
You had a son who's my age - a son out of wedlock
And he died in a car accident on his 10th birthday 
The cause of death - you drove under the influence of alcohol 
And you refused to talk about your wife
You said she was beautiful and that you'd never fall in love again
But I met you almost a year ago
In a different form, different face but the same voice
Same demeanor, outlook in life but we never talked about fishing
Your theory of everything is thought-provoking
Your thoughts in everything is always intriguing
Our frank and open deep conversations give me a new breath of life
My coffee tastes different, my cigarette breaks are more meaningful
You keep me thinking all the time
About everything - so deeply, so intensely 
I was lost - thank God for the patience and here we are 
Having more conversations
Deep conversations - about death, love, hope, dreams, relationships, sex and suicidal thoughts
About people, exes, family, and deep darkest secrets
You said to me today;
"Love is lying to the police if your wife killed someone."
"Love is like marriage factor. It's "I'll die for you" level."
"Love is like your mom, she'll always love your dad but I doubt she's still IN LOVE with him after all his cheating and other bullshit."
"Love is "I'll forgive you for having a baby with your mistress if stop all of it for me"."
Everything you say affects me
Everything you make me tell you changes my many perspectives in life
And this time, you're real - a solid presence in my everyday life
How's my American spelling in this random poem, I'd like to know

-PRK-

No comments:

Post a Comment